Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Italian blogging

Hello everybody!
I have received a very interesting suggestion about doing some italian heritage-related blogging.
I would love to do that, although I am not sure exactly where to start.
I am planning on going to Italy sometime this summer, and that "sometime" is now getting more and more vague.... so that should bring us some interesting topics.
In the meantime, any particular points of interest? Also, should the blogging be done in English or Italian? I don't think I have it in me to write the same post twice in two different languages... but I could do either one. (sorry guys I am lazy, and have no problem admitting it!)
Now I can start by sharing one of my present puzzles: where to go? What to do?
I love the beach, but after spending some time in Sardegna last summer, I got spoiled and do not really care for the Adriatic Sea anymore... in comparison it looks like a pond! My dad's summer house is on the Adriatic sea and would be available in July... should I take advantage of the opportunity and enjoy the beach town and the sun-bathing and beach socializing, without the thrill of diving into the crystal clear water? Or should I weigh the cost-time relationship and maybe settle for a shorter time at an expensive resort on the island? Or maybe take a wilder leap in the deep South that I have not yet visited?
Also, there is always the romantic Lake Garda that my husband loves dearly, with its wild landscapes, lovely medieval towns and amusement parks. And, of course, Asiago, cool, clean mountain air and awesome cheese and wine! Oh, and my dad will probably be there, so we definitely will spend at least a day or two there... but is it worth it to stay longer? BTW, some great art galleries there too.
Ok, enough for now. I think there is some food for thought here... now I await your comments!
Peace,
Chiara

No comments:

Post a Comment