Friday, October 17, 2008

Vacanze italiane






Hello everybody!
I know it took me a while... but better late than never!
I was finally able to upload the photos I took during the summer in Italy, so I would love to share with all of you some of the highlights of our vacation.

Giselle, Dario, Clay and I left the US on the 21st of July. The plan was to spend a week in the mountains, in the Asiago plateau, a week at the beach on the Adriatic shore, and a week on Lake Garda.

When we arrived in Asiago it was so cold that we slept with four blankets! I started questioning the adequacy of the wardrobe I had packed... but luckily the weather changed after the first couple of days. We stopped at the visitors' center and picked up a bunch of brochures and started planning our activities, being careful to always have a plan B for rainy days! They do happen a lot and unexpectedly on the plateau.

First priority was an outing with Nonno Dario, Nonna Gabriella and little Carlotta. We took a long drive through the regions of Veneto and Trentino. We stopped at a Malga to buy cheese and butter (unbelievable stuff!). While we shopped the kids had fun visiting the animals. Particularly entertaining was the miniature horse scratching his back on the picnic bench! Although the donkey kissing the horse took quite some attention, as did the flower-smelling goose.

Well, I have to get working on some other tasks for now... more Italian adventures to follow...


1 comment: