Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Second Friday & Book Club Meeting and More

Second Friday

This coming Friday, April 10th, from 6 to 8 pm, we will be having a reception for the latest artist to join the Whitmoyer Art Studio & Gallery.
John McGraw is a self-taught artist from Hughesville, PA. In his paintings, John experiments with light, color and texture using different techniques with oil and acrylic paint.
Join us this Friday in welcoming him to our community, as we all enjoy an evening with friends, art and refreshments.


Book Club

The next Book Club meeting will be Saturday April 18th, at 9 am.
The featured book for this discussion is "A Mercy" by Toni Morrison.
Everyone who has read the book is welcome to participate in the discussion.
If you have not read this book but are interested in joining the club, you are welcome to come to the meeting as well and participate in the selection of the next books.
You may also view a suggested list of future books in this blog's previous post.


More

My friend Cyndy is an herbalist from Muncy and I became very interested in her passion for herbal remedies. I attended a workshop that she held a few months ago at Star Wind Farm and learned more about her activities and products, so that I invited her to display some of her salves at our Gallery. We currently have "Mimi's Boo Boo Goo" and "St. John's Wort Oil". Her products are made from all food grade materials infused with fresh and dried herbs grown organically.

Cindy has more workshop planned at Star Wind Farm. The next one will be on the 26th of April at 1 pm. For more information and to RSVP for the workshop feel free to contact Cindy by e-mail, cekoons@hotmail.com 


Many of you already know that I will soon be going to Italy to be with my daughter. I still plan to update this blog and share my adventures with you, as well as anything I will be learning about the European art scene. This blog will be the easiest and simplest way to keep in touch, so I urge you to subscribe to it, by clicking on the "subscribe" option on the left. This will save me the extra step of sending e-mails and will provide you with easy access to the blog as well as the possibility to post your own comments. It will also help me keep track of who is currently interested in my activities as well as the Gallery's. Subscribing is FREE!
Thank you all for your support.
Until the next time...
Love, 

Chiara

1 comment: